Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Review: Laneige Water Sleeping Pack

HEYA- it's been a good month since I've last updated this blog and I'm incredibly sorry for it. :( There really is no excuse as to why I've been away but good news is that my finals will be over within in the next two weeks and I've received a bunch of orders (plus more coming!) so fingers crossed that I'll be able to throw in a haul and some more reviews once the second semester has begun. :) Thanks for sticking with me so far!



Everyone and their mother knows about Laneige and this specific sleeping pack. Anyways, Laneige claims that with this sleeping pack, you can achieve instantly bright, smooth, moist, and healthy skin. Ingredients like beta glucan promotes your skin's regeneration and ceramide SLN strengthens the skins barrier from protection against moisture loss. Chestnut extract improves the skin's texture and Hunza apricot extracts help to brighten the skin and its antioxidant effects help with the purification of your skin.


Btw I'm super sorry for the crap quality of the pictures included- artificial lighting makes my photos appear yellow, but since it's winter time here, the natural lighting has been bad. Anyways the picture above can be maximized with a simple click and the directions to apply this pack is included. Basically, what they recommend to do is to follow through with your regular skincare routine and use this as the final step. What you want to do is apply this to your entire face and sleep with it on, once it has been fully absorbed. It's a wash off pack so the first thing you would do when you wake up is to cleanse your face. They recommend to use this 1-2 times a week, but since it's winter and if you have super dry skin- I don't see it as a problem if you use it more often than that.


The product is housed in a plastic blue jar, spatula included. Nothing about the packaging really amazes me because of how simple it is, but hey, there's nothing wrong with simple either. I do have to say that I thought that the jar itself would feel a little more I don't know, of higher quality, but I'm cool with it either way.


The scent of this stuff IS FREAKIN AMAZING. Laneige states that this scent - their "Sleepscent" is patented and apparently it helps to eliminate stress and induce a good night's sleep. I'm really not too sure with the good night's sleep part, but heck, whenever I get a whiff of this stuff, my mood is instantly brightened. I swear, all Laneige products smell glorious. This pack in particular smells extremely clean, but not the soapy or laundry detergent type. It's definitely not floral-y or overly sweet so I think it can be enjoyed by people of all different ages.


The texture of it is a gel- which is great to work with because it isn't as thick as a heavy cream and can be easily smoothed over the skin. It's initial application is quite cooling, and isn't sticky either. As it spreads, it evens out and takes the texture of water almost, super light and refreshing. It does leave a slight sheen on the skin which makes sense I guess because this pack is for brightening and moisturization.

Did it work for me? 
I don't have anything bad to say about this product to be honest, besides the fact that because everyone LOVES, I thought I would've been blown away too. But. I don't think I was. It does offer moisture and brightening but for me, the results weren't crazy noticeable. My skin did feel plumped though. It honestly isn't a bad product, I just don't think I'll repurchase it unless I notice more changes with using it for a longer period of time. I do think it's worth a shot to try though, seeing as you can often find this on sale at a few online locations.

Where to purchase: 
I bought this through Amore Pacific's official eBay page which can be found here. I do find that official eBays carry their products for more expensive, but they usually always offer free shipping and special goodies too. I got this on sale for around $25 dollars with free shipping, and a cute little Amore Pacific key chain and their New Basic trial kit. 

You can also find it here at Jolse- one of my favourite online sites to purchase Korean cosmetics. The site itself offers free shipping and products at competitive prices- samples are always included too. 
And of course, Sasa offers it too at what I can find to be the most inexpensive price- around $20! I don't have any experience with ordering from Sasa though, so I'm not able to comment on that. 


Anyways, thanks for reading! Until next time. :) 

xo, Catherine 

3 comments:

  1. I am honestly willing to try anything that will help soothe my sleep at night. I am going through an exam period as well, so I find it hard to sleep because of all the stress. -_- Maybe I should give this a try and see how it goes! ^_^ Thanks for the lovely review!

    www.amiciarai.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's really not expensive! and I loved their skincare products too! So maybe I should check it out online <3 Thanks

    http://www.gwiyomistyle.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. visit http://www.honestskin.com for various Korean cosmetics

    ReplyDelete