Advertisement


 photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png photo home_zps7099c06e.png

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Review: Nature Republic Super Origin Complete Control CC Cream: Color Change SPF 30 PA ++

Hey friennnnnnds! One more midterm and then I'm officially done with them! As a break from studying I thought I'd review my current every day foundation/bb/cc/concealer-type of makeup. I picked this up during my trip to Hawaii and if you're curious as to what else I picked up and spent my money on then... the link is right here! 




I picked this guy up mostly because of it's color changing capabilities and because they were on sale for $15 from the original $30 at the Nature Republic store at the Ala Moana Shopping Center!


A super extensive list of ingredients... Did you all a favor and typed in the first 15 ingredients into CosDNA to check their safety levels! Everything looks pretty okay to me, except for perhaps Isopropyl Isostearate which earns a 5 in the Acne check list.. yiiikes. Read on for how this CC cream effects my skin, though!
Click to expand :)


Since I can't read Korean or understand it at all, I found a description of this product off of Korea Depart and it states that this CC cream's features include that:

  • it's a complete control cream with both skin care and makeup functions
  • it mixes these functions and offers moisture and nutrition to the skin
  • its advanced capabilities allow it to create a smooth tone of skin
  • its color capsules burst to restore original skin color


As you can see I've used quite a bit of this already! Like I mentioned earlier, I've been using it ever since I got back on my trip from Hawaii and whenever I go out and want some coverage/sun protection. It includes 45g of product which I think is quite a bit since I use less than a pump of product whenever I do choose to wear this. It also includes your typical pump dispenser which is both convenient and hygienic. My only concern with this pump though is that it can be a little difficult to dispense at times, mine is probably just broken or something though.


In an earlier post I mentioned how my favourite face makeup product is The Face Shop's Waterproof BB.. and while that BB still does wonders for me, I can't help but really really really appreciate this one as well. I want to say that the coverage isn't as good, but it's so much more natural and easy to apply. It's super smooth and silky and doesn't stick to any of my dry patches. Its oil control capabilities surprised me. Whenever I hear "CC Cream" I'm a little skeptical because of the super moisturizing skincare benefits that are usually packed in with it. This CC cream doesn't control oil as well as TFS's Waterproof BB, but it keeps me much less oilier than Missha's Perfect Cover BB that I was head over heels for last summer. The coverage of this product is pretty good. I'd say that it's between light-medium coverage, but leaning towards the medium part of the spectrum. I find that it covers a few dark spots, but there's definitely difficulty in covering any large problem spots. Also! I find that it doesn't cause any problems with my skin- NO BREAKOUTS!! Which is the biggest thing with my skin as I suffer from sensitive skin with large pores. 

Something that I'm not too happy about is that if you're not careful with this CC cream, it WILL come off. A simple touch or swipe will take off product. I can see some product coming off when I use an oil blotting sheet, or even if the sleeve of my sweater accidentally touches my face. I even use a primer and powder with this product too, which is only the disappointing aspect of this product for me. 


Displayed above is an entire pump of product which I find to be too much for my entire face. You can see how silky the product is, and how easy it is to blend. If you take a super close look you can see the little color changing beads and how they change and adjust to your skin tone in the first picture below.


Overall, I do enjoy this product and I'd probably repurchase it if I didn't have a backup sitting on my shelf, as well as other BB/CC creams I've yet to test out... Anyways! I'd suggest this CC cream for individuals looking for a natural coverage that offers a little SPF and isn't too concerned with hiding and covering everything on their skin. If you're a super oily gal I'd suggest skipping this product, as I find that I myself have to blot throughout the day and be careful as it can slip a bit.

I hope this review helped with those interested in this product! If you have any questions be sure to leave them in the section below, I'd love to hear from you :)

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

xo, Catherine

2 comments:

  1. This CC Cream makes your skin look so dewy and glowy! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This CC Cream looks amazing!
    But I have very oily skin......

    www.bubbly-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete